JOIN OUR TEAM! RewardOps is a dynamic, fast growing company. We launched just over 7 years ago and are moving into an exciting new phase of growth. We are committed to excellence and our workplace culture inspires innovation within a collaborative, modern environment. We are a growing team of talented people working together building a great product and company.
Our product: A B2B e-commerce SaaS platform that supports loyalty programs’ rewards management functions and is integrated using our modern REST APIs with rewards suppliers and other loyalty program platforms. RewardOps’ offering is disrupting a large global market, providing a more capable product with much more flexibility and major reduction in cost for our enterprise level clients.
We are looking for a General Accountant to join our Financial team for a permanent full-time position. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Finance. They will manage and coordinate all aspects of accounting and will be responsible for conducting high-level analysis of revenue, credit, expenses and overhead. If you are highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll be working on:
• Manage accounts receivable and payable, General Ledger in accordance with accounting policies
• Calculate, reconcile and monitor invoices for clients from multiple countries in multiple currencies
• Reconcile supplier and program transaction values, investigate and resolve discrepancies
• Reconcile transaction values in different systems against bank transactions, coordinating with the Partnership team on discrepancies
• Allocate transactions of different suppliers to different programs accurately and ensure to use funds from the correct account for payments
• Monitor the Escrow account(s) ensuring enough funds in the account to cover redemptions
• Create monthly reconciliation error summary reports and coordinating with the Partnership team to correct errors
• Semi-monthly payroll, quarterly reconciliations, year-end tax slips and EHT management
• Develop and implement process improvements and prepare documentation for newly implemented processes
• Prepare sales tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
• Review monthly revenue and expenses for accruals
• Maintain accounting software and reconciliation software
• Manage and report daily cash and prepares cash forecast, monitor collection activities and working capital
• Compile monthly financial statements, monthly accounting schedules, conducted financial analysis on monthly statements, perform bank reconciliations.
• Work closely with the Director, Operations and other senior members of the company
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Post-Secondary Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business administration
• Knowledge of multi-currency transactions
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, using excel vlookup and pivot tables in data analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of QuickBooks is a must
• Familiarity with Blackline and Xero an asset
Perks that we take seriously and you will love:
Great opportunities to learn and grow your career with challenging projects
Attractive compensation and benefits
Fun, creative and collaborative culture, built by diverse teams who are passionate about innovation
RewardOps is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you have any difficulties using our online system and you need accommodation, please reach out to us at jobs @ rewardops.com
More About RewardOps:
Our Vision is to lead and empower the engagement revolution through trailblazing commerce
Our mission is to help enterprise-level companies maximize value for consumers everywhere.
We deliver on this mission by offering flexible engagement commerce technology that evolves with you.
With honest collaboration and transparency, we supercharge engagement to help you go further.