RewardOps – Senior Developer
RewardOps is an early-stage company that is revenue-funded. Our company culture is derived from two core values: transparency and collaboration. We have a small and growing team of talented people that enjoy working together towards the goal of building a great product.
A B2B e-commerce SaaS platform that supports loyalty programs’ rewards management functions and is integrated using our modern REST APIs with rewards suppliers and other loyalty program platforms. RewardOps’ offering is disrupting a large global market, providing a more capable product with much more flexibility and major reduction in cost for our enterprise level clients.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer join our growing team and work on our rewards redemption platform. We are a bunch of smart, fun, dedicated developers who are committed to delivering a solid product. Our company is quickly growing; by joining us you have an opportunity to shape our product and the direction of our company.
- As a member of our team, you will:
- Write beautiful, clean, well-tested, well-documented code
- Develop new plugins and integrations with suppliers and rewards programs
- Design and develop new APIs for our system
- Participate in design discussions and debates
- Review code
- Maintain and extend existing systems with an eye toward rewriting code that needs it
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience with a modern web development language/framework
- 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Good understanding of the nuances of both Ruby and Rails
- Comfortable with TDD
- Comfortable with Agile
- You’ve felt the pain of scaling Rails apps, and you have experience with structuring large Rails projects (e.g. Trailblazer)
- Strong ActiveRecord skills, including knowing when to use SQL directly
- Strong SQL skills, including join types, indices, third normal form, etc.
- Experience with building RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating with external APIs
- Comfortable with git, github, CI/CD
Nice to Have:
- Experience with BDD
- War stories that we can draw on to improve our processes and architecture
We have a collaborative environment and a team of bright, self-starting developers who enjoy working together to solve problems.
- A “hacker” mentality: If you don't know how to do it, you'll figure it out how.
- You enjoy a challenge
- You take pride in your work