RewardOps – Talented Front-End Developer
JOIN OUR TEAM! RewardOps is a dynamic, growing company located in the heart of Toronto’s downtown core. We launched just over 5 years ago and are moving into an exciting new phase of growth. Our company is committed to excellence and our workplace culture inspires innovation within a collaborative, modern environment. We are a growing team of talented (awesome) people working together building a great product and company.
Our product: A B2B e-commerce SaaS platform that supports loyalty programs’ rewards management functions and is integrated using our modern REST APIs with rewards suppliers and other loyalty program platforms. RewardOps’ offering is disrupting a large global market, providing a more capable product with much more flexibility and major reduction in cost for our enterprise level clients.
What you’ll be working on:
- Our core SaaS API. The front-end team is the first to use new public API features. You’ll help design API endpoints, as well as provide feedback on what works and what doesn’t with it. You’ll also have the chance to contribute ideas for new and improved API endpoints.
What you’ll get out of the job:
- Our team’s strength comes from collaboration and initiative. We follow the Scrum framework and value transparency. You’ll take an active role in setting priorities and will have a real say in the direction of the company.
- This is also an opportunity to use your skills and passion for the modern front-end stack to help build powerful, maintainable applications and libraries using the latest technologies.
- Have a high level of proficiency with one or more modern front-end frameworks (preferably React, but Angular, Vue, and Ember are just as well), as well as their latest tooling, development patterns, and best practices.
- Be up-to-date on ES2017+ and transpilers like Babel.
- Be comfortable following (a moderate level of) BDD/TDD and using JS testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, QUnit).
- Note: You don’t need to be a testing expert, just willing to learn!
- Be great with semantic HTML, CSS, pre- and post-processors (e.g., Sass, PostCSS).
- Have experience writing tools or servers with Node, and interacting with APIs using OAuth.
- Be comfortable with Git and Git workflows, Agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum), and other modern team development processes.
- Be comfortable working with browser developer tools and related extensions, such as React Devtools.
- Experience developing at least one large/enterprise front-end application (again, preferably React) that uses a state management library (e.g., Redux, NgRx).
- Experience with Typescript.
- Knowledge of and experience with functional programming patterns.
- Experience developing accessible web applications.
- Experience with Ember and/or Ruby on Rails.
- If you have it, include a link to your GitHub, Stack Overflow profile, CodePen profile, or some other tech-focused online presence!
For this role, you:
- Are a self-starter: If you don’t know how to do it, you’ll figure it out how
- Are detail-oriented
- Value collaboration
- Enjoy a challenge
- Take pride in your work